Tuesday, December 13, 2011

One of my Last Posts (from Spain)... Weird.

Well, my last weekend in Spain is officially over.  My last weekend spent at my "grandparents'" house, my last weekend eating with everyone in one room, my last weekend watching a movie as a "family".  So many "last's"...

My weekend for the most part was fairly uneventful (in a good way... I hung out with my host family mostly).  Thursday night and Saturday nights were the nights I went out.  Thursday night I went out to dinner with Moriko, Grace and Bárbara.  We met up at the Fundación and then walked over to a pizza place that's not far from Zocodover.  I love them.  They are so funny!  We laughed, we ate, we talked and then caught the 11pm bus back home.  Saturday was the more interesting of the two nights...

I met up with Moriko, Kami and Grace at 11:30pm and we headed to O'Brians.  Saturday night was the big soccer game between Real Madrid and Barcelona, so everyone was packed into the bar to watch the game (Barca won btw).  We watched the end of the game and then made our way upstairs and had a drink (or two or more for some...).  We hung out there and chatted for a bit and then made our way to one of the discotecas (called Camelot).  We were there until 3:45am.  While we were there, there were these two guys that kept asking all of us to dance.  They rotated through all of us!  One guys started dancing with me and said, "¡Eres guapísima!"  That means, "You are so beautiful!"  Psh.  Thanks, but no thanks dude.  You are creepy.  I'm going to go and dance with my friends in the opposite corner now...

The rest of the night was fairly uneventful.  We danced the night away and I was home by 4:00am.  At some point Moriko lost her phone and at 4:30am the guy who found it called me since I was on her recently called list (never find I was already asleep....).  Apparently he found one of the Notre Dame girls and gave it to her, but not before calling everyone on her contact list!  I thought that was funny...

Sunday was spent at my "grandparents'" house, like usual.  This was the last time eating with everyone and the last time seeing my host brother.  It's weird to think when he comes home next, I won't be here.  I have to wonder if me not being here will be as weird for them as it will be for me.  I'd like to think they'll miss me as much as I'll miss them.  I'm not going to lie... I'm definitely in that stage where I almost don't want them to host another student because that means I'll have to share...  Lol.  They are THAT amazing :)

Monday was my last Lit class and that evening I went shopping with Moriko for gifts for my (biological) family.  It was really hard deciding what to get them!  Tuesday (today) was spent wandering around the Mercadillo (the clothes market that is there every Tuesday morning) with Kami, Moriko, Grace and Christina.  Then I came home for lunch and then wound up going back to Zocodover to finish my gift shopping (intending to go alone, since no one wanted to go with me), but ran into Maggie and Maria and we went to see the one of the oldest synagogues in Europe (NOT the one I'd seen before).  After that we stopped at this really cute tea place and had tea and then finished our shopping.  I'm now home waiting to see what tonight brings.  I'd like to think we'll do something special (a.k.a. something all together besides watching TV, which is what we are doing at the moment) for my last night, but something tells me it will be a typical night.  Which isn't necessarily a bad way to end either!

2 comments:

  1. Soak up every last second :) Have a safe flight back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Stay tuned for my last blog tomorrow! It's already written and ready to go! It's basically a summary of my experiences here. I wrote it and it gave me goosebumps and I did. :\

    ReplyDelete