Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Monday of Classes

I wish I could say that it was exciting, but realistically, not much happened (I know, I know... I'm sorry to disappoint...).  I had my one class at 10:05am (they choose the strangest times, here), so I got up at 8:30am.  I figured this way I wouldn't run the risk of being late.  Because we all know how well I've done at setting my alarm correctly...  Ugh.  Anyways, I was up at 8:30am and took my time getting ready.  I actually put makeup on today.  I hadn't done so since we were in Madrid... mostly for fear of sweating it all off.  I would look like a raccoon, but not from crying!  Now that would be embarrassing!  So I was all set to go by 9:25am and headed out the door to catch my bus around 9:30am.

I was there early (on purpose) and double checked what classroom (aula) my class was in and then headed to Elle's room to see if she was there (we are in the same class).  She told me a funny story as we were walking to class about how she was literally just about to leave when she had a gut feeling that I would stop by her room before heading to class, so she sat back down.  Literally seconds after she sat down (with her backpack on), I knocked.  It's kind of eerie how right our gut feelings can be sometimes!  As it turns out, it was a good thing that  I stopped by her room.  I thought our class was in Aula 3, but it wasn't... It was in the penthouse classroom.  Good thing I found Elle first!  The classroom has a beautiful view of Toledo.  I had my camera, but I can't seem to find my battery charger, so I'm trying to be better about turning it on and off.

Class started right at 10:05am.  The professor is really nice.  She's going to be strict, but I definitely got the sense that I'll be learning a lot from her.  This was my literature class, so I was already excited about it before it began.  After having just one class, I'm even more excited.  And yes.... I do know I'm a nerd when it comes to anything Spanish related, so you don't have to tell me. :P  We get to read Lazarillo de Tormes and Don Quijote.  What could be better?? :D :D  But wait... it does get better!!  Some time in the next 3 months we get to go see the live version of a play we are going to read! In Madrid!  Yaaaaaaay field trips!!  I am soooo excited for this class :)

After class, I ran to the bookstore (a.k.a. the library) to buy the materials I need for my classes.  I paid 51€ for all of it.  Not too bad!  From there I hung out in Elle's room for a little bit and we started the reading we got as homework in class this morning.  But about 30 minutes before her class started, I realized that I should probably get home because I'd promised to be back for lunch.  I got home and realized that I could have stayed longer at the Fundación... because no one was home.  Again.  They came back eventually and I ate lunch with my sister.  Not long after that, everyone was gone again.  I spent most of the day alone, which wasn't all bad.  I got some homework done, researched hostel prices for Kami, Elle and me, listened to music, watched some TV, Skyped my mom for an hour and read a lot.  I'd say it was productive.  As easy as it is for me to entertain myself, I wouldn't mind spending less time alone.  I know I need to talk to my "parents", but that only works when I see them for more than 1 hour the whole day...

To end the night, we all caught the tail end of a new series (well, new for me!).  We only saw the last 15 minutes or so, and then I headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment