Friday, September 30, 2011

"¡¡¡Super Interesanísimo!!!"

It's that time of the week again... Philosophy class.  Ugh.  Fortunately this week it wasn't too bad.  But this is how he started off the class: "Today we are going to study Spanish philosophy.  But first, we are going to make sure there is a Spanish philosophy."  What??  We all looked at each other and were thoroughly confused.  How are we supposed to do that?

At it turned out, it really didn't matter... We just talked about happiness anyway.  I feel like that is the stereotypical philosophy question: "What is happiness?  How do we define it?"  But that was our topic for the day.  We ended up coming to the conclusion that if our happiness depends on an object or another person, then we are slaves to that object/person.  I don't like that interpretation.  I'm not a slave.  We all have a choice, thus we are not slaves to anything.  So take that philosophy.

My philosophy class finished and I literally just sat there because my next class was in the same room.  So I sat there and waited for everyone else to get there.  It was going only going to be half of us there anyway.  The other half of the class going to the Residencia to meet their "abuelos".  While they were gone, we were supposed to watch the movie of Lazarillo de Tormes (the book we are currently reading).  But apparently there was a miscommunication between our professor and the librarian (who was going to put on the movie for us), so we sat there for the first 20 minutes wondering whether we were supposed to stay and wait or if we could leave.  Finally Elle and I went and talked to the librarian.  When we came back, the rest of the class had left.  Somehow, the Fundación got them all to come back.  We watched the movie until 12:45pm when our class ended and we all dispersed.

It was Elle's day to go talk with her "abuelo", but she didn't know how to get to the Residencia.  She knew that I'd been there on Monday so she asked me to show her how to get there.  Fortunately the bus that takes us there goes right by my house.  UNfortunately, she didn't know where to get off, so I got off with her and showed her how to get all the way there.  Thankfully the Residencia isn't too far from "home", so I just walked back rather than taking the bus.

It wasn't too hot out, but I was sweating by the time I got back from carrying my purse and my backpack.  I got home, chatted with my "mom" for a minute and then hopped in the shower while she made my "sister" and me lunch.  I ate lunch and then just hung out for a bit until I had to leave for class.  I got there a little bit early because I needed to buy my ticket to go see a play in Madrid with one of my classes.  I ran into Elle as I walked into the building and she went with me to buy my ticket.  Then I hung out in her room for a bit before heading to class.  We agreed that by Friday we would have everything booked for France and Italy.

I went to the second half of my philosophy class, and it (miraculously) passed quickly.  When I got home after class, my "grandparents" were over.  Nights around here are very relaxed, so I ate dinner with my "sister" and then hung out in the living room and chatted with everyone.  At some point, they left and it was just the four of us again.  My "sister" went back to the computer and my "mom" and I watched TV until it was time to go to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment