Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weeeeeeeeekend!!!! Yaaaaaaaay!!

Words can't describe how long this week has been.  What with adjusting to a new (and significantly different) time zone, spending 2 days in Madrid, moving to Toledo, meeting our host families/roommates/etc., moving into with those families/roommates/etc., figuring out how to navigate a new city, figuring out how to get to the Fundación from here, figuring out what classes we'll be taking........  Anyway, I think you get the point.  The weekend is a welcome relief.

So what did I do on my first day of our first weekend in Toledo?  Went on a tour of the city, of course! (Aren't you proud of me Daddy?)  Now albeit that it was part of our group activities, but still... I could have chosen to sleep through it! :P  The tour was fun; lots of picture opportunities!  She talked slow enough that everyone could understand, but she didn't really give us much time to take pictures before we moved on.  It also would have been nice if we could actually go inside and look at things, rather than just see them from the outside.  But oh well, what was I to do?  So yes, lots of pictures and lots of walking and lots of sweating.  Yes, sweating.  It's really hot here right now.  I hear it gets better, but I haven't experienced it yet.

After the tour, I had to stop and talk to one of the professors about one of the classes I'll be taking.  So I chatted with her for a minute and then I headed home for lunch.  Lunch was amazing!  I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was really good.  I ate all of it (because I was actually hungry when I should've been for once!! :D Yaaaaaaaay!!).  After lunch, my family went to go pick up my brother (David).  I have learned now that when they say they are going out, they really mean going out.  It's not like in the U.S. when we run out for a few minutes and come back.  This time they were gone for a good 2 hours at least.  I was sitting in my room (I had to charge my computer) when they got back and briefly met David.  Then he and Belén headed out and it was just me and my parents.  After dinner, my mom asked me if I wanted to go with them to pick up Belén.  I said sure!  An adventure! :)  So off we went.  We drove around for a bit because we couldn't find her.  Then she found us.  Haha...  Well, we picked her up, and instead of heading home like I thought we would, we ended up at a mall.  Wooooooo!!  I love malls :)  I will say right now (since I know that SOME of you are probably wondering) that I didn't buy anything.  I just looked.  My parents and grandparents went upstairs to eat while Belén showed me around the mall.  It was a lot of fun and a good chance to bond some more.  We wandered into stores and I told her that I would try on anything she picked out for me.  She said she'd do the same.  I learned very quickly that clothes around here are a lot smaller than at home... So be careful.  Anyway, we eventually headed up to find the adults and off we went (back home).

When we got home, Belén and I watched about half of Julie & Julia on my computer.  It almost seemed like our parents were trying to get us to spend more time together.  LOL... just like my parents would at home.  I don't mind it :)  She seemed to enjoy the movie too, even though it's in English.  At one point she asked me about a sign for Pepsi.  I forgot that Pepsi doesn't exist here.  It's amazing the number of things we take for granted.  Anyhow, we paused the movie around 12:30am and I headed to bed.  It was definitely a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment