Friday, September 23, 2011

One Of Those Days

Yes, yesterday was one of those days... You know, where you are in a bad mood for no apparent reason and you snap at people when you know you shouldn't?  Yeah.  That was my day yesterday.  I woke up feeling fine, but at some point my bad mood took over.  I got through my 11:30am class just fine (we went to go see the Tower of Santo Tomé) and I got back and hung out in the computer lab for awhile while I waited for Kami and Elle to get out of their class at 2:10pm.

At 2:25, when they still hadn't come to tell me they were going to lunch, I went to go find them.  They were already in the cafeteria eating.  I went over (hurt and angry) and said, "Gee thanks for waiting!"  It was meant to come off as a joke, but I was unable to contain my hurt.  It came off snotty instead.  I left them to eat and went back to the computer lab to hang out with my other friends who were there.  After they were done eating, Kami and Elle came over to talk to me.  Elle basically told me I was being ridiculous (which I knew I was) and that they didn't mean to "forget me".  I can't explain what made me act as I did, but I suppose the reason doesn't matter.  Fortunately, we are all still on good terms.

After we chatted, Elle and I had our next classes at 3:30pm, so we headed back to class.  Class went fairly quickly since I was taking lots of notes.  We were talked about "Arte Mudéjar", a.k.a. the name for a mix between Christian and Arabic art.  Here is the link for a picture of the tower we went to see: http://www.google.es/imgres?q=Torre+de+santo+tom%C3%A9&hl=en&biw=1078&bih=687&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=g8ObtNnyX1Gf1M:&imgrefurl=http://www.turismocastillalamancha.com/multimedia/archivos/31977/torre-mudejar-iglesia-santo-tome-toledo/&docid=EU7ualtNKziOUM&w=308&h=460&ei=JlN8TsOkHYzxsgaRtcBC&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=109&vpy=282&dur=2422&hovh=274&hovw=184&tx=102&ty=171&page=1&tbnh=152&tbnw=121&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0 .  The arches on the top (the spade-shaped ones) are the visual definition of "Arte Mudéjar".

I headed home immediately after class.  I needed to go curl up in a ball, listen to music and take a nap.  Which is exactly what I did (because no one was home).  Somewhere around 7pm, I got a chance to video chat with my grandma in Hawaii!  I hadn't talked to her since before I left for Denver, so it was really nice to talk to her :)  We talked for 40 minutes or so and then she had to go.  After I got off with her, I called my mom and talked to her for about 15 minutes, but then my "family" got home.  I said goodbye to my mom and headed into the living room to chat with everyone.  My "mom" made my "sister" and me dinner and then she and my "dad" headed out again.  Before they left, they left us with an assignment... She was to help me with my Spanish and then she and I were to talk in English until our TV show started at 10:45pm.

My Spanish lesson consisted of learning accents.  I had learned before, but I couldn't remember.  We are working from her spelling book from last year.  I was told later than we'll work through that one first and then move on to her book for this year.  LOL...  I think I know more than they think I do.  We worked on spelling stuff for about 25 minutes, and then talked for a few more minutes in Spanish.  Then we switched to English.  As my "parents" left, they had said that we were just to talk in English, but with no particular topic.  I was like, "Ok.... What should I talk about?"  It's like when people learn I'm fluent in Spanish and they say, "Say something in Spanish!"  Like what?!  What do you want me to say??  Give me a phrase or something!!  It wasn't as hard to find something to talk about in English, though.  Neither of us like spiders, so I was telling her how I give them names and it makes them a little less scary.  She thought that was really funny.  Then I told her how there was a daddy-long-legs above our fridge one day and I threw a napkin at it hoping to kill it.  But all it did was knock it down.  And then I opened the fridge door (thinking Bob was dead), but he flew out around the corner on his web.  She laughed really hard at that...  Again, everyone seems to laugh at me!

Anyway, we just talked (I have to remember to talk slow when speaking in English... probably how they feel while speaking to me in Spanish) until our show ("El Barco") started.  About halfway through the show, my "parents" came home.  They walked in the door and were like, "Is she sleeping? Is she sleeping?  Ahhhh she's not sleeping!"  I think it's officially become a joke that I seem to fall sleep a lot.  It's happened twice now.  My "sister" and I finished our show and then I headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment