Monday, September 26, 2011

SHOPPING!!!!!

Hehehe... Yes, I went shopping!  But you are all going to be proud of me!  I only got what I actually needed!  I didn't cave and buy boots (yet).  It also helped that I hadn't seen any I particularly wanted...  But anyway.

I got up around 12pm and ate breakfast then hung out with my "family" for a bit.  My "grandparents" came over at some point and joined the conversation, too.  We sat and watched TV, gossiped, laughed, talked...  The same thing we always do.  At 3:00pm I left to go catch the bus to meet Elle and Kami.  I got there and no one was in the plaza, so I started walking towards the Fundación figuring I'd run into them eventually.  Well, I made it all the way there before I ran into them (along with Laura (Elle's roommate) and Jordan), so I walked all the way back (uphill) to the bus stop.

We had agreed to meet between 3:00pm and 3:30pm, but yet at 3:30pm, Kami still wasn't there.  Right as we were starting to wonder if she forgot (which would be silly because it was her idea to go shopping!), her bus pulls up and she gets off.  Based on her stories, she has the worst luck with buses.  At one point, her bus hit a car while trying to turn (which I'm surprised doesn't happen more often...) and then the driver and some other guy on the street got into a fight.  This time, a shift change happened and the two drivers just sat there talking, rather than getting her to the Plaza de Zocodover on time.  It's probably not funny in the moment, but I think it's kind of funny after the fact :)

At last we were able to catch the bus to the mall.  It was a long bus ride and then a walk to actually get to the building.  I'd been there before with my "family", but I hadn't been on my own before.  It's just like any other mall, but a bit smaller and with different stores.  I knew that there was only one thing I needed, so I waited until the end to but it.  Kami was looking for a dress, but she didn't know exactly what she wanted (or didn't want), so everyone was just pulling random dressed off hangers like, "Here try THIS on!"  It was sort of chaotic.

What I noticed about the clothes here is that they are significantly more... formal.  At least by our standards.  It's a lot of blazers and khakis and work-appropriate clothes, but not many sweatshirts, t-shirts (well, they do really like their printed T's here) or jeans.  So while I was keeping my eyes out for cute clothes, I had a hard time finding something I'd actually wear at home.

At some point we split off into two different groups, me Kami and Elle; and Laura and Jordan.  The three of us went to go buy what I needed and try a few more stores hoping for cute dresses and then we headed back to the bus stop.  Somehow we managed to get there at the same time as Laura and Jordan...  We sat there (in the sun) waiting for the bus.  (*Side note*  The bag I was carrying... it was evil!  I was just sitting there, minding my own business, and I swear it leaned over and gave me a paper cut on my thumb for no reason!  But it didn't just cut me!  Laura was trying to see what I bought and it cut her too!  I'm telling you... It is an evil bag!)

We were back at the Fundación by 7:30pm and by 8:30pm I was back at home.  I'm not entirely sure where they went, but my "mom" had left me dinner in the fridge, since she knew they were going to be gone.  OH!  It was to pick up my "sister" from a concert (the first half of a birthday party for a friend).  So I ate dinner, worked on some homework, got distracted, watched the new Vampire Diaries (OMG SO GOOD), and fell asleep while waiting for everyone to get home.  Which apparently they still think is funny. *sigh*  A few minutes after they got home, we all headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment