Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Post Weekend Craziness

After my crazy weekend, I was in desperate need of rest.  Desperately.  I'd gone to bed at 1:45am that morning and got up at 8:30am for my 10:05am class.  Fortunately for me, class wasn't very hard.  We met at the Fundación and then took a bus to a retirement home where we will be visiting once a week for the rest of the semester.  For one hour a week, we get to talk to an "abuelo".  My "abuela's" name is Concha.  She's is 84.  She's really sweet and likes to talk... Just like me! :P  We sat and talked to our "abuelos" for an hour and then class was over.  The home is really close to where I live, so I was allowed to get off the bus at my stop rather than going all the way back to the Fundación and coming all the way back.

I got off the bus and headed home.  I talked to my "mom" for a little bit and then she told me to go sleep since she knew I was tired.  I slept from about 12:15pm to around 3:00pm.  It felt SO good.  I love naps as much as the next person, but this was the best nap I'd ever taken.  When I got up, my "mom" made me lunch.  After I ate, I went and watched TV with her for a bit and we chatted about the weekend and such.  At some point, my "grandparents" came and we talked some more.  Around 8:00pm-ish, my "mom" made my "sister" and me dinner.  I like it when we are both eating at the same time because that way I don't have to eat alone.

After I finished dinner, I was doing something in my room when my "mom" asked me if I needed to wash my clothes.  She has perfect timing because I actually did need to.  I was running out of underwear (that is my indicator of when I am in desperate need of doing laundry)...  I threw my clothes in the washer (with help from my "mom") and then my whole family (including my "grandparents") went to the big mall nearby.  They were looking for a freezer or something.  We walked into a couple of stores, but didn't find one.  Instead, we went upstairs to the food court where we all got something to drink and/or eat.  I love hanging out with all of them together!!  It was so much fun; we sat there talking for awhile about everything.  I learned that Spanish is a language that can be spoken without actually using real words.  They gave me an example, but I didn't understand it then, so there was no way I was going to remember it for this blog...  But it's basically the Spanish equivalent of saying "Thingy" or "Whatchama-call-it" (or however you spell it...).  It was really funny!  Then we talked about tongue twisters... Which I can't do in Spanish I learned.  We also talked about how I need to practice my "r's".  I can roll them, but using them in words is hard for me.  Or at least I can't pronounce them the way that they want me to.  They also keep correcting me on my "z's" and "c's that sound like s's".  They really are hysterical.  I will get this accent down, damn it!  Even if it kills me.

We sat in the food court for a long while just talking, but after a bit we headed back home.  When we got home, we watched the new episode of a series called "Águila Roja" ("Red Eagle").  I started watching it late, so I'm still a little confused about what is happening, but I'm learning quickly.  With some help, of course.  We finished watching it about 11:30pm and then it was time for bed.  After my weekend, I very much welcomed sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment