Monday, September 26, 2011

Saturday, September 24th

Another relaxing day at home :)  I am loving weekends here.  I get up between 10:30am and 11:30am and eat breakfast, get dressed and then we decide what we are doing.  This time, we decided to go to "Paraíso" or "Paradise" (a.k.a. my "grandparents'" house).  We headed over around 12:00pm and we all ate lunch togetherOn a Saturday!!  I was happy!  We all sat around and talked about whatever came to mind.  I sat outside with my "mom" and "grandma" and talked for awhile longer.  Around here, no one is ever at a loss for something to talk about.  My kind of country! :P

At 5:00pm I needed to be at the Fundación to meet Laura.  We went to go look at one of the towers (with Mudéjar style architecture) for our Art History class.  I don't remember what it was called now, but we have a picture of the name (and the info).  We went to look at it and then took our time walking back.   We stopped and walked into shops, got ice cream (from a really cute guy!) and stopped to refill their bus passes.  We finally got back about 7:30pm and I was back home by 8:00pm or so.  My "family" was out, so my mom had left me dinner.  She really doesn't have to do that, but she wants to.  I got really lucky with my "family"; they all seem to go out of their way for me.

I ate dinner and sat down to get some homework done.  Right as I'm getting into the worst part of my homework, I got a text from Kami saying that she and Elle were thinking about going out and wanted to know if I wanted to go with them.  Part of me was screaming yes, but another part of me was screaming no.  I didn't know what to do...  Fortunately my best friend Monica was on Skype, so I called her and said, "Monica!!!  What do I do??"  She looked at me "in the eyes" (as best as you can on Skype...) and said, "Sarah.  Go.  GO!"  So I went.  They had been talking about going to a "discoteca" (a.k.a. a club), but we ended up just going to two different bars.  The first one we shared a jar of sangria (yummmm!!!) and then at the second bar I helped them finish their beers.  I've decided I don't like beer.  It takes icky.  (Sorry to those of you who like beer...  It's just not for me.)  Around 1:00am, Kami and I decided it was probably time to get home.  Elle was a bit disappointed that we were heading back so "early", but (for me) I knew that my "mom" would be waiting up for me and I didn't want to make her wait too long.  Plus we have tons more weekends to make it to a club.  We had to go back to the Fundación anyway to grab our stuff, so we walked with Elle back.  There is a late night bus called the "búho" bus (a.k.a the "owl" bus) that comes every 40 minutes.  One came at 1:20am and there was no way we were going to make that one.  So we hung out in Elle's room for a little bit.  Then she decided to go out with a couple of the Puerto Ricans (sp?) that are here.  So she went out and Kami and I headed to the bus stop to catch the 2:00am bus.

I walked in the door around 2:15am and my "mom" and "sister" were still up.  It's really really nice of them, but part of me wishes they didn't do that.  I feel bad...  I know they can make their own choices, but you all know me (mostly)...  I still feel bad.  Anyway, I  got home, chatted with my "mom" briefly and then we all headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment