Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mini Weekend!!

The night before, I had gotten an email from my Service Learning professor (Yuki) saying that she had a family emergency and wouldn't be here until October 2nd.  I was really sad to hear that there was an emergency, but I was happy not to have class!  It is my only class on Tuesday's and at 6:20pm, so it was nice to not have to lug myself all the way there for one class so late.  Given that there was no class, my day really wasn't that eventful.

I got up around 11:00am and ate breakfast.  I changed into my sweatpants and settled down on the couch... where I would stay literally all day.  Now, I wasn't just sitting there watching TV.  I wrote an essay for my Literature class and did almost half my reading for that class also.  So I wasn't unproductive!  The essay took most of the day anyway.  I eventually decided that I'd had enough of homework, so I closed down my computer and put down my books and finally watched some TV.  My "grandparents" came over at some point and I chatted with them.  When my "dad" got home, he looked over my essay and corrected my grammar.  I definitely have problems with two particular types of grammatical errors: reflexive verbs (verbs that end in "se") and the subjunctive.  I hate those two.  I don't like grammar in general, but especially those two things.  Besides grammar, he helped reword a few things and then I was good to go.

I just relaxed after sending off my essay to my professor.  My "mom" made my "sister" and me dinner and not long after that, there was a new episode of "Homicidios" on.  My "mom" and I watched it while my "dad" went to sleep and my "sister" was on the computer.  Before I went to bed (after the show ended), I proposed the idea of a "family game night", just like my family does at home.  I explained that my family tries to do something like that every once in awhile because we are all so busy most of the time.  It gives us a chance to spend some quality time together.  Those memories are some of my favorite of my family.  I warned them that it might sound a bit strange to them (since I don't know what their traditions are), but she seemed to like the idea.  I told her that in my house the rule is no TV, no phone and no computer.  The point is to be completely present in whatever we are doing.  She said that we will see about doing a game night this weekend.  I'm really excited!!  It should be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment