Friday, September 16, 2011

Thursday, Sept 15th

I have once again managed to fall behind in my blog posts... So let me catch you up on what happened on Thursday.  Thursday's are nice because I only have 1 class (twice, though).  One session is at 11:30am and the other at 3:30pm.  So I got up around 10:00am, got dressed, ate breakfast and headed to class.  I think I'm really going to like this Art History class.  I can't remember if I've mentioned this before or not, so bare (bear? I still don't know!) with me.  In the morning there are two groups, one at 11:30am (mine) and one at 12:45pm (not mine).  We walk out to a monument somewhere in the city and the professor talks about it.  This week, it was a small mosque not too far from the Fundación.  We were talking about Arabic art this week, so the mosque was a perfect example of that.  She talked for a little bit while we were inside, then she let us all go.  We got out early, so I'm already not complaining! ;)  But the super nice part is that we don't have to take notes in the morning because she goes over everything again in the afternoon (with pictures and whatnot, too).  So as long as we bring our stuff to the afternoon class, we are golden.  I'm really liking the way that class is structured.

Given that it doesn't make sense to go home when I have class at 3:30pm, I stay at the Fundación for lunch on Thursday's.  So I hung out until my friends got done with class at 2:10.  I'm glad that the Fundación has a computer lab, though next time I'm seriously considering bringing a book with me because (even for me), more than a few hours of just sitting on Facebook is a lot.  I don't know how people can do it!  Maybe I just don't have enough friends who are online all the time to talk to... Or maybe it's the time difference.  I don't know.  Anyway...

I ate lunch with Kami and Elle.  We really are the three musketeers... Although lately we've been the "two" musketeers because it is usually some combination of the two of us (usually me and Elle or Kami and Elle... I don't get to see Kami that much :( ).  I love hanging out with them.  They are hilarious.  We ended up in a giggle fit at lunch, but I don't remember exactly why.  After lunch, Elle and I ran with José Luis to print our tickets for the Alhambra.  We didn't technically "run", but we definitely walked quickly. Up hill.  All the way there.  I got home later that night and my legs (actually, just my left leg) hurt.  It was exhausting!

I had class again at 3:30pm.  Like I mentioned earlier, it was really just a review of what she's talked to us about that morning.  So nothing really to report there.

I came home and was alone for awhile (like usual... I'm just coming to expect it).  I did the usual: checked Facebook, did homework, read, napped... Hahaha...  At some point my "mom" and "dad" came home and I ate dinner.  Later that night, we all watched the TV show "El Barco".  It was intense.  The whole episode was about some creature that got on the boat and bit someone, who almost died.  The entire episode was spent trying to figure out what the creature was and locate it and figure out what kind of poison it had so they could cure the guy who was bit.  I really enjoy watching movies/TV shows with everyone.  It's a lot of fun :)  After the show ended, we all headed to bed because all of us had to get up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment